Consider On-the-Job Training When You are Ready to HireImprove your company’s competitive edge and cut the cost of hiring and training workers in half with On-the-Job Training (OJT). For the duration of the training period, OJT will reimburse half of a trainee’s gross wages directly to you.
The two goals of the CCRPC Workforce Division’s On-the-Job Training program are to provide employers with qualified and motivated employees and to lower their costs for hiring and training.
Along with receiving free screening, assessment, and referrals of applicants, employers make all the hiring decisions, determine job performance standards, have the right to terminate a trainee, and don’t have to worry about paperwork.
This program of the federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) allows employers to use their own system to teach trainees the new skills necessary for successful permanent employment within their companies.
Benefits of On-the-Job Training:
- You get pre-screened applicants
- You receive a 50% reimbursement of the trainee’s wages during the training period
- You receive prompt monthly payments with minimal paperwork
- Trained and professional OJT representatives assist you through all phases of the program
- You can combine OJT with other employer incentives, such as the Work Opportunity Tax Credit (WOTC)
- OJT programs can be developed for most skilled and semi-skilled jobs
If your job opportunity is permanent and requires at least four weeks of in-house training, call a Regional Planning Commission Workforce representative at the Champaign Illinois Worknet Center (see sidebar). The OJT representative will work with you to determine the length of training for each OJT contract.