The indicators in the Economics & Poverty category measure economic conditions in Champaign County at a variety of scales, from the county-wide business outlook to the economic well-being of individual households.
- Employment and Unemployment measures the number of individuals who are in the labor force, employed, and unemployed in Champaign County, the City of Champaign, and the city of Urbana. This indicator also includes the unemployment rate for these three areas.
- Gender Wage Gap measures the difference between estimated median earnings for male and female workers in Champaign County.
- Housing Affordability measures the estimated number of households in Champaign County that are housing cost-burdened, meaning that they spend 30% or more of their income on their housing costs.
- Median Household and Family Income measures the estimated median household and family incomes in Champaign County.
- Net Job and Business Growth measures the change in the number of firms and the number of employees by firm size since 1977.
- Poverty Rate measures the estimated percentage of individuals in Champaign County that are below the poverty line.
- Residential Vacancy Rate measures the estimated percentage of residential units in Champaign County that are unoccupied.
- SNAP Participation Rate measures the estimated percentage of Champaign County households that receive SNAP benefits.