The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission (CCRPC) applied and received funding under the USDA’s Rural Community Development Initiative (RCDI) to provide capacity-building training opportunities for rural communities in East Central Illinois. Through the “East Central Illinois Capacity Building Program” (ECICBP), CCRPC will offer training programs in such topics as governance, planning, and economic development across Champaign, Douglas, Ford, Iroquois, Piatt, and Vermilion counties between February 2015 and Fall 2017.
ECICBP’s program recipients include twenty-three municipalities across six counties:
- Longview, Ludlow, and Rantoul in Champaign County.
- Arcola and Tuscola in Douglas County.
- Kempton, Paxton, and Roberts in Ford County.
- Cissna Park, Crescent City, Gilman, Milford, Onarga, Watseka, and Woodland in Iroquois County.
- Bement, Bement Township and Hammond in Piatt County.
- Hoopeston, Oakwood, Potomac, Ridge Farm, and Rossville in Vermilion County.