August 30, 2017
The RPC will operate the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for winter heating assistance from October 1, 2017, to May 31, 2018 (or until funds are exhausted), with payments toward residential gas and electric bills for eligible households.
All appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday at the RPC office located at the Brookens building (1776 E. Washington Street in Urbana), by phone at 217-384-1226, or by walk-in. Appointments are tightly scheduled; if you are late, you will need to be re-scheduled.
Eligibility criteria and timeline:
- Beginning October 1, 2017 low-income seniors (60+) and persons with permanent disabilities
can make appointments. Those with pending disability status with Social Security are also
eligible (must provide documentation).
- Beginning November 1, 2017 low-income households that contain a child under six years of
age, disconnected or imminent disconnection households, seniors (60+) and disabled
individuals can make appointments.
- Beginning December 1, 2017 the program can assist all households with income up to 150% of
the Federal poverty guideline.
We will need the following items to process your application:
- Proof of income for the 30-day period beginning with the date of application for all household
- Social Security cards for all household members
- Most recent gas and electric bill
- If you are disconnected, a disconnection notice will be required.
- Proof of disability, if applicable