July 5, 2022
A special group of students from Champaign County will receive a boost to their post-secondary study during the upcoming academic year. The RPC’s Community Action Board has awarded five individuals with Community Services Block Grant (CSBG) Scholarships to help defray the cost of their education.
The RPC administers the CSBG Scholarship program with funds awarded from the Illinois Department of Commerce and Community Affairs. Each scholarship recipient receives a portion of the $10,000 scholarship award, depending on the number of awardees chosen and at the discretion of the scholarship committee.
Here’s a look at this year’s CSBG Scholarship winners:
- Rachel Bialeschki – Attending Parkland College
- Alia Coleman – Attending Bradley University
- Kerene Kombe – Attending the University of Illinois at Springfield
- Audrey Mfulama – Attending Danville Area Community College
- Sage Williams – Attending Illinois State University
To be eligible for a CSBG Scholarship, an applicant must be a resident of Champaign County, be at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, be enrolled at or applying to an Illinois post-secondary school (but not have completed a bachelor’s degree), be a full-time student, and meet cumulative grade point average requirements.
We congratulate all our winners!