In addition to a high quality of life and exceptional cultural opportunities, Champaign County provides a positive environment for businesses to succeed. The RPC’s Economic Development Division actively promotes the growth and development of Champaign County by encouraging and assisting in the retention and expansion of existing businesses, attracting new commercial and industrial development, and improving the quality of life for citizens.
Major activities and services of the Economic Development Division include:
- Generating and coordinating economic development activities to expand the county’s commercial and industrial tax base
- Assisting new and existing business development
- Representing the department and the RPC in economic development matters with neighboring communities, the Economic Development Corporation, the County Chamber, and the Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity
- Managing economic development financing programs
- Providing the region with Tax Increment Financing District and Enterprise Zone expertise