Effective May 5, 2021, the Emergency Rent Assistance (ERA) program is accepting referrals from landlords.
The RPC’s Community Services division is inviting landlords to provide referrals for tenants in Champaign County who have unpaid rent charges of no less than $4,000 for the period of April 2020 through May 2021.
The deadline for referrals is noon on Friday, May 21, 2021. Referrals may be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Referrals that meet these guidelines, and tenants that meet the documentation criteria found on the Landlord Referral of Tenant for Emergency Rental Assistance form (found at the bottom of this page), will be considered. Our staff will attempt to contact the referred tenants to complete the process required to receive emergency rent assistance.
Other documents required to complete a referral:
- Itemized rent ledger reflecting all charges and payments from January 2020 through April 2021
- Landlord agreement (found at the bottom of this page)
- W-9 (found at the bottom of this page)
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number 20-1892-0-1-806, awarded to the RPC by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Other local rent assistance resources:
- Residents of City of Champaign Township
- Residents of Urbana Cunningham Township Supervisor’s Office
- RPC’s Homeless Prevention Rent Assistance