Please call 877-548-4205 between 12-7pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays to schedule your appointment.
An e-mail address will be required to schedule an appointment.
(See “How to Set Up an E-mail Account” at the bottom of this page if you do not have an e-mail address.)
“We are fortunate to have the RPC helping our community keep roofs over our heads. You may be surprised that help is here for many who assume ineligibility! Please don’t let this opportunity pass you by.”– RPC client Shelly Griffet
What is the RPC’s Emergency Rent Assistance program?
Assistance for renters in Champaign County specifically for PAST DUE:
Beginning on Tuesday, February 9, Champaign County residents can start the screening process by contacting the Emergency Rent Assistance program call center at 877-548-4205 between 12-7pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays. In order to promote safety during the pandemic, the RPC’s offices (1776 E. Washington Street in Urbana) will be open by appointment only and those without appointments will directed back to the call center to schedule an appointment.
If you do not bring the required documents to your appointment, you will be required to start the process over with scheduling through the call center.
- Photo identification
- The name of your landlord, along with his/her phone number and e-mail address
- A copy of your lease (or a letter from your landlord confirming your status as a renter)
- Copies of ALL your most recent past-due bills (rent ledger from April 2020 – present, power, water, sewer)
- Proof of income
- Copy of Tax Year 2020 Form 1040 as filed with the IRS for the household, or
- Copy of the last 60 days of income for all household members
- As applicable, proof that you have received unemployment payments in the 90 days prior to your application appointment (printout of weekly Illinois’ Department of Employment Securities (IDES) payments for a household member for the 90 days prior to your application appointment)
Households prioritized for assistance include:
- Those with an individual who has received State unemployment payments in the last 90 days
- Those with an income at or below 50 percent of the area median
Schedule Your Appointment
Help with your past-due rent and bills is here with the RPC’s Emergency Rent Assistance program. Make your appointment by calling 877-548-4205 between 12-7pm on Tuesdays, Thursdays, or Saturdays.
“This program and others that the RPC provide are necessary and make it possible for this community to survive—especially during this pandemic. Most of all, it is giving hope where there is little. To be honest, if it wasn’t for this program I don’t know where I would be now. I can’t stress enough the necessity of these programs for young and old alike. This funding is a necessity.”James, an RPC client who was provided with rent assistance
The Emergency Rent Assistance program will run until all funds are expended.
This project is being supported, in whole or in part, by federal award number 20-1892-0-1-806, awarded to the RPC by the U.S. Department of the Treasury.
Household Income not to exceed 80% MFI
|Family Size||Annual Income Limit||60-day Income Limit|