CUUATS creates three principal documents that are mandated under the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation (FAST) Act, which is the federal authorization legislation for transportation funding.
- Long Range Transportation Plan: Completed every five years; outlines how the Urbanized Area transportation system should evolve over the next 20 years.
- Transportation Improvement Program: Completed yearly; lists anticipated transportation projects for the next four years for all CUUATS member agencies.
- Unified Technical Work Program: Completed yearly; lists the transportation planning activities CUUATS staff will undertake in the upcoming year.
In addition to the three required documents, CUUATS maintains several documents that support the transportation planning process:
- CUUATS Open Data Portal: The data portal makes some of the most commonly-requested transportation datasets available for download.
- LRTP Report Card: Updated annually, the report card tracks progress toward the performance measures outlined in the Long Range Transportation Plan.
- Project Priority Review Guidelines: The CUUATS Project Priority Review Guidelines is a set of project selection guidelines, required by the Federal government and determined by CUUATS member agencies, meant to ensure that the federal STPU funds spent in the region support Federal transportation goals and the region’s Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP).
- Transportation Modeling Framework: The suite of models includes:
- MPO Agreement 2011
For more information, see the Introduction to the Purpose and Function of a Metropolitan Planning Organization presentation.