Dr. Dalitso Sulamoyo Joins the RPC as New Chief Executive Officer
Dr. Dalitso Sulamoyo, former President and Chief Executive Officer of the Illinois Association of Community Action Agencies (IACAA) in Springfield, Illinois, joined the RPC as the new CEO on Thursday, June 1.
Project Aims to Make Sidewalks in Champaign-Urbana Area Safer and More Accessible for All Pedestrians
A new effort to create a comprehensive database of sidewalk network features within the Champaign-Urbana area looks at nearly 690 linear miles of sidewalks in the community.
New Youth Assessment Center Coordinator Brings 20 Years of Law Enforcement Experience to the Position
Jonathan Westfield, a 1989 graduate of the University of Illinois with more than two decades of law enforcement experience, has been named as the new coordinator of the Youth Assessment Center (YAC) in Champaign.
New Head Start Facility in Urbana Hosts Open House
The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission hosted an open house at their new Head Start facility in Urbana, Illinois, on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.