Regional Labor Force Survey Underway
The RPC seeks to help area employers determine the community’s training needs and promote job opportunities, while also supporting economic growth.
U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis Visits RPC’s Workforce Development Program and Youth Assessment Center
U.S. Representative Rodney Davis visited the RPC’s Workforce Development program and Youth Assessment Center (YAC) to learn about how both programs benefit our community.
RPC Awarded Grant from U.S. Department of Labor to Assist Young Adults from High-Crime and High-Poverty Areas
The RPC becomes one of only 41 organizations in the United States to receive a grant aimed at helping Americans transition from the justice system to the workforce.
RPC Funded to Study Kickapoo Rail Trail Extension
How do you connect Urbana parks, homes, businesses, Carle Foundation Hospital, and the University of Illinois? The RPC is about to find out. Federal funding will allow the RPC to study a proposed extension of the Kickapoo Rail Trail.
Champaign-Urbana Becoming Safer, Healthier, and More Connected, While Economy Also Continues to Improve
Federally mandated annual report card for area’s transportation system shows multiple positive ratings for its 2017 performance measures.
Public Outreach Phase for Long Range Transportation Plan Begins
CUUATS needs public input to continue implementing innovative transportation projects. People may suggest ideas for all modes of transportation. CUUATS staff will set up information tables at local events to explain the initiative and collect feedback on transportation.
RPC Staff Help Area High School Students Say “YES” to Summer Employment
Summer is here and that means employment opportunities for local high school students. Members of the RPC’s Human Resources team assisted over 100 students in the Youth Employment Services (YES) Program during new hire orientations at Champaign’s Centennial High School.
Champaign Woman to Be Honored at Annual Conference in Springfield
Brittany Bailey will be celebrated for her pursuit of self-sufficiency after being named as the RPC’s 2018 Families of Distinction awardee.
Urbana Head Start Receives ExceleRate Illinois Gold Circle of Quality Designation
Urbana Head Start has received the Gold Circle of Quality designation from ExceleRate Illinois, the state's new quality recognition and improvement system for early learning and development providers.
Susana Mendoza, Carol Ammons, and Scott Bennett Visit Urbana Head Start
We were honored to welcome Illinois State Comptroller Susana A. Mendoza, State Representative Carol Ammons, and State Senator Scott Bennett to our Urbana Head Start facility on Monday, March 12.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.