New LIHEAP Year Begins on October 1, 2019
The RPC will be taking applications for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for winter heating assistance starting October 1, 2019, with payments toward residential gas and electric bills for eligible households.
30-Day Public Comment Period for Rural and Urban Area Safety Plans
The Rural and Urban Area Safety Plans present area-wide analysis of crash trends, identify emphasis areas based on a data-driven approach, and outline strategies for each of the emphasis areas.
Help Us Determine Priorities for the Long Range Transportation Plan
With the help of the public, the Champaign-Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) is working with local agencies to develop a transportation vision for the future that is built on the region's current strengths.
Safe Walking Route Maps
School is back in session across East Central Illinois. To help keep everyone safe, our Safe Walking Route Maps have been updated for Fall 2019 for Champaign Unit 4 Schools, Urbana School District #116, and Thomasboro K-8 schools.
RPC Hosting a Family and Community Engagement Resource Fair in September
In addition to the RPC, there will be over 20 organizations from around the community making information available about what they provide. There will also be food and kids’ activities for families and individuals who plan on attending.
Mother Who Worked Full-Time Job While Earning Nursing Degree Named Award Winner by the RPC
RPC’s Workforce Innovation Board Selects Honoree for 2019 Illinois Workforce Partnership Individual Achievement Award
Draft Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan Available for Public Review
The draft Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan is available for public review from Wednesday July 24, 2019, to Friday August 23, 2019.
RPC’s Workforce Development Program Helps Longtime Champaign County Business Continue to Thrive
HL Precision Manufacturing says without continuous support from the RPC’s Workforce Development program to improve the manufacturing and skilled trades industry, a new partnership would not have been possible.
ISC Expansion Now Brings Program Coverage to 13 Counties in Illinois
The RPC’s ISC program has expanded to cover a total of 13 counties across Illinois. Clients receiving individual service and support advocacy services will grow from approximately 400 clients to over 1,500.
RPC Earns National Award for Human Services Program Focused on Residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
The National Association of Counties will recognize the RPC’s innovation and financial management during their annual conference in July 2019.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.