***The RPC will remain closed to the public until safeguards are fully implemented to protect the public and staff from any potential transmission of COVID-19. This closure includes our main office at the Brookens Administrative Center (1776 E. Washington Street in Urbana), which will have limited staffing. Individuals and families seeking to be enrolled in RPC programs will continue to be served through phone calls and online consultations, while signs will be posted at all RPC locations alerting members of the public that they are not open. Please reach out to your assigned case manager with any questions. Click here to visit our special COVID-19 resources page.***
Annual Count of Homeless in Champaign County Seeks to Ensure Crucial Services Continue for Community’s Most Vulnerable Citizens
Expanded Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless prepares volunteers to conduct 2021 Point-in-Time count on Thursday, January 28.
Low-Income Households in Champaign County Urged to Take Advantage of More Than $180 Million in Funding Still Available Through State’s Energy Assistance Program
RPC staff have applied a combination of approaches to be able to reach many families and individuals who have not sought our assistance in the past so that they get the help they desperately need during this challenging moment of our history.
Avoid Power Shutoffs by Seeking LIHEAP Assistance Before Moratorium Ends
Although public utility companies in Illinois have shutoff moratoriums through March 31, 2021, the RPC is encouraging those in Champaign County with past-due power bills to make their appointments with the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) as soon as possible.
Funding Provided by East Central Illinois workNet Expected to Help Champaign Company Position Itself Internationally
Medical device company PhotoniCare getting a major boost thanks to Incumbent Worker Training that could also add jobs to the local economy.
RPC’s Workforce Development Services at East Central Illinois workNet Reopening to Clients on November 2
Services and grants available to help individuals pursue training and professional certifications in many rewarding high-growth fields.
RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program Receives Funding to Begin Innovative New Parent Discussion Group
Illinois Head Start Association names the RPC as one of only 18 Head Start programs in the state to be approved for the initiative.
The RPC Leads 2020 Census Collection Efforts in Champaign County
The RPC's team participated in numerous events designed to encourage people to fill out their Census forms—while also dealing with challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
RPC Helps Largest Escape Room in Central Illinois Continue Providing Entertainment to Area Residents During COVID-19
Technology needed to keep Champaign-Urbana Adventures in Time & Space in business made possible by Layoff Aversion grant funding.
With RPC’s Assistance, Champaign County Earns Funding for Highway Safety Improvement Along a Dangerous Section of the Philo Slab
A section of County Highway 18 that has seen dozens of crashes and even a couple of fatalities in recent years will soon be markedly safer thanks to a joint effort between the RPC and the Champaign County Highway Department.
PNC Charitable Efforts Benefit the RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program During a Difficult Year
From food to books to technology, PNC’s commitment to early childhood education has been beneficial to hundreds of children and dozens of families in Champaign County in 2020.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.