Transportation Concerns to be Addressed at Upcoming Meetings
Open to the public, the quarterly Human Service Transportation Plan meetings are set for March, June, September, and December around East Central Illinois
Annual Effort to Count People Experiencing Homelessness Underway in Champaign County
Volunteers recruited by the Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless will conduct the 2020 Point-in-Time count on Thursday, January 30
RPC Employee Wins Award for Outstanding New Social Worker
University of Illinois School of Social Work Alumni Association honors Annie Bruno for successfully transitioning from a great student into an accomplished professional social worker
Christmas Wish Comes True for Rantoul Teacher
Through their annual “Christmas Wishes” program, Mix 94.5 awarded Nichole Kitchens with $1,000 in December to purchase winter clothing and supplies for her classroom at the Rantoul Early Childhood Education Center.
Local Patrolman Gives Back to the RPC’s Workforce Development Program
Martinez completed his Law Enforcement degree in 2016 as a dislocated worker through the RPC’s Workforce Development program and returned to speak to local youth about the law enforcement pathway and personal safety.
2019 RPC Year in Review – A Year of Effective Strategies and Exceptional Outcomes
We look back on some of the big events and accomplishments at the RPC during 2019 as we start an exciting new decade.
RPC Honored for Freight Plan Designed to Improve Area Infrastructure and Business Opportunities
Saluted for its innovation, the Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan could serve as inspiration for other counties and organizations when taking on freight planning for the first time.
Youth Assessment Center Enrolling Youth in Special Project During Upcoming Events at Market Place Mall
The events will enroll youth between the ages of 12 and 17 in a project that is part of a partnership between the YAC and the University of Illinois Department of Psychology. Individuals who participate will be compensated for their time.
The RPC and RE/MAX Realty Associates Team Up to Give Families in Champaign County More to Be Thankful for This Holiday Season
For the second year in a row, a donation of more than two dozen gift baskets is helping the RPC ease the holiday burden on several families involved with its Early Childhood Education Program. The baskets were assembled and delivered to the RPC by representatives of RE/MAX Realty Associates in Champaign.
RPC Helps Champaign County Secure Grant to Improve Safety on Sidney/Homer Road
The Champaign County Highway Department saw the need to update safety and conditions along the road and worked with the Champaign Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) to develop the grant request. Upgrades may include new and widened shoulders, centerline rumble strips, asphalt overlay, new or widened drainage structures, and more.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.