***Please be aware that although the 2021-22 LIHEAP program year has ended, assistance is still available if you have received a disconnection notice. Visit our LIHEAP page for more information. We will make an announcement on the start of the 2022-23 program year in the coming weeks.***
Champaign County Residents Can Begin Scheduling Appointments for LIHEAP Energy Assistance on August 17
Appointments begin on September 1; the RPC is also opening an additional office in Rantoul for appointments to make the program more accessible and convenient for those in the community.
RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program Receives High Marks During Recent Federal Review
Review determines that the RPC’s Head Start and Early Head Start program meets all performance standards set forth by the Office of Head Start.
CSBG Scholarship Winner Ready to Show How the Community’s Investment in Her Future Will Never Be Forgotten
Champaign’s Kerene Kombe reflects on how the scholarships she has received have helped her and her family – and how she is ready to show the community that the investment it made in her future was a wise decision.
Funding Remains to Help Champaign County Residents Avoid Water and Wastewater Shutoffs and Disconnections
The Water/Wastewater Assistance Program is now open to income-eligible households that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or have been approved for LIHEAP in the current program year.
Annual Count Reveals Homelessness Declines Slightly in Champaign County
But a reduction in available year-round emergency shelter beds—and not enough permanent supportive housing beds to meet the need for the most vulnerable households—has created gaps in the community.
From No Hope to No Turning Back – How a Champaign Man Turned His Life Around with Help from the RPC
Empowered to realize his many strengths, Boris Brown is the RPC’s 2022 Families of Distinction Awardee.
CSBG Scholarships Helping Winners Focus on Bright Futures
A special group of students from Champaign County will receive a boost to their post-secondary study during the upcoming academic year.
Early Childhood Education Program Earns High Marks from Federal Monitoring Review
A recent federal monitoring review of the RPC’s Early Childhood Education program confirms some of the great work being done on behalf of families and children in Champaign County.
RPC’s New Energy Efficiency Program Manager Seeks to Increase the Energy Efficiency Impact in Champaign County
As energy efficiency becomes a bigger focus throughout the country, the RPC is welcoming an experienced energy professional to lead the RPC’s efforts to expand the impact of energy efficiency in Champaign County.
Champaign Man Fulfills Dream of Becoming a Firefighter with Help from the RPC’s Workforce Development Program
First candidate from program designed to increase diversity in City of Champaign’s entry-level firefighter pool of candidates makes it to top of the list.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.