RPC Helps Champaign County Secure Grant to Improve Safety on Sidney/Homer Road
The Champaign County Highway Department saw the need to update safety and conditions along the road and worked with the Champaign Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) to develop the grant request. Upgrades may include new and widened shoulders, centerline rumble strips, asphalt overlay, new or widened drainage structures, and more.
Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless Working to Maintain Federally Funded Projects
The mission to eliminate homelessness in Champaign County continues as the Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless seeks over $700,000 in federal funding. Over half of funds being sought will support existing projects that provide subsidized rent to nearly 50 households annually and a new project anticipated to serve at least an additional 14 households.
How the RPC’s Weatherization Program is Helping Make Champaign County Healthier
As the RPC celebrates National Weatherization Day on October 30, residents are reminded that the Weatherization program provides more than financial benefits
Valuable Data about Champaign County Now Accessible to Anyone Thanks to New Data Portal Maintained by the RPC
The Champaign County Regional Data Portal provides a comprehensive and searchable listing of data from the RPC, the City of Champaign, and the City of Urbana
DRAFT Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP): 30-Day Public Review Period
The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is a federally mandated document that is updated every five years, and looks at the projected evolution of pedestrian, bicycle, transit, automobile, rail, and air travel over the next 25 years. The DRAFT Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is available for public review and comment from Wednesday, October 23, through Thursday, November 21, 2019.
For the First Time Ever, RPC Makes Online Scheduling Available for LIHEAP Appointments
Special page set up on the RPC website aims to make the LIHEAP process easier and more convenient for Champaign County residents
Next Round of LIHEAP Eligibility Underway with Customers No Longer Required to Wait in Line
The RPC is now taking applications for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for winter heating assistance, with benefits toward residential gas and electric bills for eligible households.
Safe Walking Route Maps
School is back in session across East Central Illinois. To help keep everyone safe, our Safe Walking Route Maps have been updated for Fall 2019 for Champaign Unit 4 Schools, Urbana School District #116, and Thomasboro K-8 schools.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.