RPC Staff Help Area High School Students Say “YES” to Summer Employment
Summer is here and that means employment opportunities for local high school students. Members of the RPC’s Human Resources team assisted over 100 students in the Youth Employment Services (YES) Program during new hire orientations at Champaign’s Centennial High School.
Let Us Know Your Thoughts on RPC Programs at Upcoming Public Meetings
The RPC wants to hear from you! Join us at our upcoming public meetings in Ludlow, Champaign, and Urbana to let us know how RPC programs could be beneficial in addressing community needs.
Champaign Woman to Be Honored at Annual Conference in Springfield
Brittany Bailey will be celebrated for her pursuit of self-sufficiency after being named as the RPC’s 2018 Families of Distinction awardee.
Urbana Head Start Receives ExceleRate Illinois Gold Circle of Quality Designation
Urbana Head Start has received the Gold Circle of Quality designation from ExceleRate Illinois, the state's new quality recognition and improvement system for early learning and development providers.
Susana Mendoza, Carol Ammons, and Scott Bennett Visit Urbana Head Start
We were honored to welcome Illinois State Comptroller Susana A. Mendoza, State Representative Carol Ammons, and State Senator Scott Bennett to our Urbana Head Start facility on Monday, March 12.
RPC Partners with Carle to Recruit Candidates for Unique Jobs Program
The eight-week paid program combines classroom work and on-the-job training to help participants develop full-time employment and growth opportunities with Carle.
RPC’s Dalitso Sulamoyo Honors Legacy of Martin Luther King, Jr. at Prayer Breakfast
Benedictine University celebrated the birthday of civil rights leader Martin Luther King during its 23rd annual prayer breakfast that featured former Benedictine student and RPC CEO Dalitso Sulamoyo as the keynote speaker.
RPC Wins National Award for Fourth Time Since 2005
The Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations presented the award for Outstanding Overall Achievement for a Non-TMA MPO to the Champaign Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) for its Sidewalk Network Inventory and Assessment.
U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis Visits Urbana Head Start
Head Start welcomed U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis to its Urbana facility in October. Davis toured the facility and met with staff, parents, and children.
This Program Year’s LIHEAP Program Ends on May 31, 2018
The RPC will operate the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for winter heating assistance from October 1, 2017, to May 31, 2018, or until funds are exhausted.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.