RPC Earns National Award for Human Services Program Focused on Residents with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
The National Association of Counties will recognize the RPC’s innovation and financial management during their annual conference in July 2019.
Garden Hills Residents Can Gain Valuable Energy Saving Tips During Upcoming SLEEP Workshops in Champaign
Free and open to the public, the workshops are being held as part of the recently launched Safety, Lighting, Energy Efficiency Program (SLEEP), to improve safety and energy efficiency in the Garden Hills area.
Urbana Woman Honored for Pursuit of Self-Sufficiency as RPC’s 2019 Families of Distinction Awardee
The RPC’s No Limits program named Mary Blue as its 2019 Families of Distinction awardee, an honor recognizing a family or individual who has overcome great personal and social obstacles in their pursuit of self-sufficiency with the assistance of a Community Action Agency.
During Small Business Week, RPC Reminds Area Entrepreneurs of the Unique Opportunities Available to Them
RPC financing programs have helped small businesses throughout East Central Illinois over the past 35+ years.
Expansion of Early Head Start Program to Bring Valuable Services to Dozens of Children and Pregnant Women in Champaign County
Along with the creation of 40 new jobs, expansion will also require two new locations for programming with 10 total classrooms.
New Program Seeks to Increase Safety in Champaign’s Garden Hills Community—While Also Making Its Homes More Energy Efficient
The Safety, Lighting, Energy Efficiency Program—coming in spring 2019—is a partnership between the RPC, Ameren Illinois, and the City of Champaign
LIHEAP Now Offering Saturday Appointments
You must schedule your appointment by calling the LIHEAP office. No walk-in appointments will be accepted.
RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program Earns High Marks from National Scoring System for Preschool Classrooms
Scores promote practices for improving preschool classroom teaching practices and stimulating children’s thinking and skills
Pedestrian and Bicycle Survey Going Out in April
If your household receives a survey, please make sure to complete it to help RPC staff better understand walking and bicycling behavior in the community and make our transportation system work better for everyone.
Youth Assessment Center Partners with University of Illinois
Sponsored by the National Institute of Justice, a project called VIP Screen engages with youth between the ages of 12 and 17, asking them about situations of adversity they have faced.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.