***The RPC will remain closed to the public until safeguards are fully implemented to protect the public and staff from any potential transmission of COVID-19. This closure includes our main office at the Brookens Administrative Center (1776 E. Washington Street in Urbana), which will have limited staffing. Individuals and families seeking to be enrolled in RPC programs will continue to be served through phone calls and online consultations, while signs will be posted at all RPC locations alerting members of the public that they are not open. Please reach out to your assigned case manager with any questions. Click here to visit our special COVID-19 resources page.***
Relief Program for Households Impacted by COVID-19 Now Open Again to Champaign County Residents
Applications for the CSBG COVID-19 Relief Program are being accepted until 1pm on Monday, November 30.
RPC’s Workforce Development Services at East Central Illinois workNet Reopening to Clients on November 2
Services and grants available to help individuals pursue training and professional certifications in many rewarding high-growth fields.
RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program Receives Funding to Begin Innovative New Parent Discussion Group
Illinois Head Start Association names the RPC as one of only 18 Head Start programs in the state to be approved for the initiative.
The RPC Leads 2020 Census Collection Efforts in Champaign County
The RPC's team participated in numerous events designed to encourage people to fill out their Census forms—while also dealing with challenges presented by the COVID-19 pandemic.
RPC Helps Largest Escape Room in Central Illinois Continue Providing Entertainment to Area Residents During COVID-19
Technology needed to keep Champaign-Urbana Adventures in Time & Space in business made possible by Layoff Aversion grant funding.
With RPC’s Assistance, Champaign County Earns Funding for Highway Safety Improvement Along a Dangerous Section of the Philo Slab
A section of County Highway 18 that has seen dozens of crashes and even a couple of fatalities in recent years will soon be markedly safer thanks to a joint effort between the RPC and the Champaign County Highway Department.
PNC Charitable Efforts Benefit the RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program During a Difficult Year
From food to books to technology, PNC’s commitment to early childhood education has been beneficial to hundreds of children and dozens of families in Champaign County in 2020.
East Central Illinois workNet Helping Small Champaign Aerospace Company Launch its Business to the International Level
Incumbent Worker Training program expected to make CU Aerospace an international provider while growing its sales and creating new jobs.
RPC Teams Up with the University of Illinois on Bike Light Distribution and Bike Registration
The RPC is supporting Light the Night for the 13th year in a row. RPC staff will also be at all three locations to help University of Illinois students and community residents complete their 2020 Census forms if they have not yet done so.
National Federal Eviction Moratorium Can Help Champaign County Renters Stay in Their Homes
A federal eviction moratorium took effect on September 4 and extends vital protections to millions of renters at risk of eviction for nonpayment of rent during the COVID-19 pandemic. This protection can help renters here in Champaign County stay in their homes.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.