***The RPC will remain closed to the public until safeguards are fully implemented to protect the public and staff from any potential transmission of COVID-19. This closure includes our main office at the Brookens Administrative Center (1776 E. Washington Street in Urbana), which will have limited staffing. Individuals and families seeking to be enrolled in RPC programs will continue to be served through phone calls and online consultations, while signs will be posted at all RPC locations alerting members of the public that they are not open. Please reach out to your assigned case manager with any questions. Click here to visit our special COVID-19 resources page.***
RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program Honored with Award Named After Longtime Advocate for Vulnerable Children and Families
Award praises RPC for strengthening the drive for innovation and ingenuity in the work of Head Start/Early Head Start programs throughout the state.
RPC Urges Utility Customers Impacted by COVID-19 to Apply for Bill Payment Assistance
RPC accepting applications for State of Illinois grant funding through June 30.
RPC Locations to Remain Closed to the Public While Services and Programs Continue
Appointments for clients from various RPC programs will still be conducted over the phone and in virtual settings as part of Phase 3 of the State’s reopening guidelines.
RPC Helping Hundreds of Champaign County Households That Have Been Hit Hard Financially by the COVID-19 Crisis
Through new program, the RPC will serve as an advocate for low-income individuals and families in the community.
LIHEAP Season Extended for Champaign County Through June 30 in Response to COVID-19 Crisis
Champaign County residents can make their appointments online and all appointments will take place over the phone.
New Online Resources Helping Connect East Central Illinois Businesses and Job Seekers
East Central Illinois workNet is making safety and convenience a priority for its customers in Champaign, Douglas, Ford, Iroquois, and Piatt Counties during the COVID-19 pandemic.
RPC’s Food Distribution Days Help Ease the Burden on Many Families in the Community
The RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program is doing all it can for its families during the COVID-19 crisis. The program held Food Distribution Days on April 7 and April 14, making sure families with children involved with the program had food and supplies to help get them through these difficult times.
Emergency Lodging Fund Helping Champaign County Meet the Needs of Homeless Population During COVID-19 Pandemic
Funding to expand the season end date of seasonal emergency shelters for homeless individuals in the community.
First Wave of Funds Distributed from Champaign County COVID-19 Relief Fund
The Champaign County COVID-19 Relief Fund has granted $20,000 to local groups to provide housing assistance. This first wave of funds will help people who have lost wages or employment due to the Coronavirus pandemic stay in their homes.
New Workforce Development Program Manager Sees Great Economic Potential for East Central Illinois
Cassandra Brown brings over 15 years of experience to the RPC as she leads the Workforce Development program based in Champaign County.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.