RPC Early Childhood Director Joins National Task Force Focused on Universal Access to High-Quality Early Childhood Education
RPC Early Childhood Division Director Brandi Granse is bringing her decades of experience to a group devoted to putting children and families from low-income backgrounds on the path to lifelong success.
Annual Count of Champaign County Homeless Continues Crucial Work Being Done by Local Consortium on Behalf of Community
Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless conducts 2023 Point-in-Time count.
RPC Introduces One-of-its-Kind Vehicle for Delivery of LIHEAP Services in Champaign County
The vehicle is equipped with four workstations, computers, and a speaker/sound system. It will help RPC staff conduct outreach and intake for LIHEAP in Champaign County communities and neighborhoods that are hard to serve and have had low program participation.
A Look Back at the Year in Homeless Services at the RPC
Families in Champaign County were presented with several difficult challenges in 2022. The development of adequate coping strategies became even more important than in the past for clients and RPC case managers alike as they navigated the aftermath of a global pandemic.
Support from the RPC’s Workforce Development Program Helps East Central Illinois Address Worker Shortage in 2022
New annual report details steps taken by the program to help job seekers and employers in the area weather the effects of the pandemic.
RPC Opening Up Final Round of Emergency Rent Assistance Program to Eligible Champaign County Residents
Starting on Monday, November 21, 2022, the RPC will be accepting up to 200 applications.
RPC Helps Make Champaign County a Welcoming New Home for Afghan Refugees
Several local organizations, including the RPC, stepped forward to help a group of Afghan refugees gain employment so they could pay their bills and establish lives in our community as they dealt with the trauma of being separated from their families.
New Study Shows How Emergency Rental Assistance Program Helped the Most Vulnerable Champaign County Residents During Pandemic
Prior to COVID-19, research has shown that Black and women renters in the United States were the most likely to receive eviction notices. Fortunately, through the Emergency Rental Assistance program (ERA), those renters were the most likely to receive funds from agencies like the RPC during the pandemic.
Champaign County Residents Can Begin Scheduling Appointments for LIHEAP Energy Assistance on August 17
Appointments begin on September 1; the RPC is also opening an additional office in Rantoul for appointments to make the program more accessible and convenient for those in the community.
New Mobile Workforce Center to Bring the RPC’s Services Directly to Job Seekers in Five-County Area
A new Mobile Workforce Center will allow the RPC’s Workforce Development program to meet directly with job seekers in the five-county area it serves. Workforce Development staff will utilize the vehicle's six-person classroom to talk to people about career pathways in several industries.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.