All RPC locations are now open to the public, including our main office at the Brookens Administrative Center (1776 E. Washington Street in Urbana). We ask that all visitors wear a mask when visiting one of our locations. We continue to monitor CDC recommendations for wearing masks indoors and feel this requirement is the best way to ensure the health and safety of our staff and our community. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you. Thank you for understanding and cooperation.
Visit our Emergency Rent Assistance page, which features many other COVID-19 resources.
New RPC Program to Help Champaign County Residents Avoid Water and Wastewater Shutoffs and Disconnections
The Water/Wastewater Assistance Program is now open to income-eligible households that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or have been approved for LIHEAP in the current program year.
Early Childhood Education Program Earns High Marks from Federal Monitoring Review
A recent federal monitoring review of the RPC’s Early Childhood Education program confirms some of the great work being done on behalf of families and children in Champaign County.
RPC’s New Energy Efficiency Program Manager Seeks to Increase the Energy Efficiency Impact in Champaign County
As energy efficiency becomes a bigger focus throughout the country, the RPC is welcoming an experienced energy professional to lead the RPC’s efforts to expand the impact of energy efficiency in Champaign County.
Proposals Sought to Provide Emergency Shelter for Champaign County Individuals
The Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless (CSPH) has identified year-round and low-barrier emergency shelter for single individuals as a critical gap in the local homeless services system.
Champaign Man Fulfills Dream of Becoming a Firefighter with Help from the RPC’s Workforce Development Program
First candidate from program designed to increase diversity in City of Champaign’s entry-level firefighter pool of candidates makes it to top of the list.
RPC CEO Dalitso Sulamoyo Elected as New Chair of National Community Action Partnership
Sulamoyo will supervise and control all business and affairs of anti-poverty organization devoted to connecting Americans to greater opportunity.
Champaign County Residents Can Begin Making Appointments for LIHEAP Energy Assistance on August 16
The RPC is also opening an additional office in Champaign for appointments to make the program more accessible and convenient for clients.
RPC’s Weatherization Program Accepting Applications for PY2022; Prioritizing Homes Occupied by the Elderly, the Disabled, and Children Five and Under
New ranking system will coincide with a 60-day application period for Champaign County residents to apply for Weatherization services.
Deadline to Apply to Be New Community Member on RPC Board Extended to September 7
Two-year term allows member of the public to represent and be a voice for the public.
RPC Expands Services and Resources for Residents Throughout East Central Illinois
The Community Services division fills two Program Manager positions while adding a new Assistant Director and a Justice Initiative Coordinator at the Youth Assessment Center.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.