RPC Wins National Award for Fourth Time Since 2005
The Association of Metropolitan Planning Organizations presented the award for Outstanding Overall Achievement for a Non-TMA MPO to the Champaign Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) for its Sidewalk Network Inventory and Assessment.
U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis Visits Urbana Head Start
Head Start welcomed U.S. Congressman Rodney Davis to its Urbana facility in October. Davis toured the facility and met with staff, parents, and children.
National Community Planning Month
October is National Community Planning Month, an opportunity for planners to share the work they do with the communities they work for. Events take place nationally as well as locally: the American Planning Association publishes its annual list of Great Places in America, examples of excellent planning across the country (which included West Urbana in […]
LIHEAP Program Dates Announced
The RPC will operate the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for winter heating assistance from October 1, 2017, to May 31, 2018, or until funds are exhausted.
Safe Routes to School Maps Updated for 2017-18 School Year
Maps are now available for all public elementary and middle schools in Champaign, Urbana, Savoy, and Thomasboro.
Mobile App Developed in Urbana Aims to Improve Bicycle Network in Champaign County and Around the State of Illinois
The BikeMoves Illinois app joins similar apps successfully utilized in San Francisco, Atlanta, Philadelphia, Austin, and other communities.
The RPC Seeks a New Community Member
The RPC is looking for candidates interested in serving as one of two voluntary Community Member positions on the Commission. It is anticipated that a new Community Member will fill the remainder of a two-year term, ending December 31, 2018.
Project Aims to Make Sidewalks in Champaign-Urbana Area Safer and More Accessible for All Pedestrians
A new effort to create a comprehensive database of sidewalk network features within the Champaign-Urbana area looks at nearly 690 linear miles of sidewalks in the community.
New Youth Assessment Center Coordinator Brings 20 Years of Law Enforcement Experience to the Position
Jonathan Westfield, a 1989 graduate of the University of Illinois with more than two decades of law enforcement experience, has been named as the new coordinator of the Youth Assessment Center (YAC) in Champaign.
New Head Start Facility in Urbana Hosts Open House
The Champaign County Regional Planning Commission hosted an open house at their new Head Start facility in Urbana, Illinois, on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.