***Please be aware that although the 2021-22 LIHEAP program year has ended, assistance is still available if you have received a disconnection notice. Visit our LIHEAP page for more information. We will make an announcement on the start of the 2022-23 program year in the coming weeks.***
Champaign County Residents Can Begin Scheduling Appointments for LIHEAP Energy Assistance on August 17
Appointments begin on September 1; the RPC is also opening an additional office in Rantoul for appointments to make the program more accessible and convenient for those in the community.
New Mobile Workforce Center to Bring the RPC’s Services Directly to Job Seekers in Five-County Area
A new Mobile Workforce Center will allow the RPC’s Workforce Development program to meet directly with job seekers in the five-county area it serves. Workforce Development staff will utilize the vehicle's six-person classroom to talk to people about career pathways in several industries.
Updated Maps Make Health and Safety of Area Elementary and Middle School Students a Priority
Safe Routes to School Maps now available for all public elementary and middle schools in Champaign, Urbana, Savoy, Thomasboro, and, for the first time, Rantoul.
RPC Helps Village of Fisher Secure Funding for Park Upgrades
Through a grant from the state of Illinois, the Village of Fisher in Champaign County will soon be redeveloping the playground and adding new features at its village park. The RPC was instrumental in the grant being awarded, having been hired by the village to write the grant application during the summer of 2021.
RPC’s Early Childhood Education Program Receives High Marks During Recent Federal Review
Review determines that the RPC’s Head Start and Early Head Start program meets all performance standards set forth by the Office of Head Start.
CSBG Scholarship Winner Ready to Show How the Community’s Investment in Her Future Will Never Be Forgotten
Champaign’s Kerene Kombe reflects on how the scholarships she has received have helped her and her family – and how she is ready to show the community that the investment it made in her future was a wise decision.
Funding Remains to Help Champaign County Residents Avoid Water and Wastewater Shutoffs and Disconnections
The Water/Wastewater Assistance Program is now open to income-eligible households that have been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic or have been approved for LIHEAP in the current program year.
Annual Count Reveals Homelessness Declines Slightly in Champaign County
But a reduction in available year-round emergency shelter beds—and not enough permanent supportive housing beds to meet the need for the most vulnerable households—has created gaps in the community.
From No Hope to No Turning Back – How a Champaign Man Turned His Life Around with Help from the RPC
Empowered to realize his many strengths, Boris Brown is the RPC’s 2022 Families of Distinction Awardee.
CSBG Scholarships Helping Winners Focus on Bright Futures
A special group of students from Champaign County will receive a boost to their post-secondary study during the upcoming academic year.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.