Annual Effort to Count People Experiencing Homelessness Underway in Champaign County
Volunteers recruited by the Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless will conduct the 2020 Point-in-Time count on Thursday, January 30
2019 RPC Year in Review – A Year of Effective Strategies and Exceptional Outcomes
We look back on some of the big events and accomplishments at the RPC during 2019 as we start an exciting new decade.
RPC Honored for Freight Plan Designed to Improve Area Infrastructure and Business Opportunities
Saluted for its innovation, the Champaign-Urbana Region Freight Plan could serve as inspiration for other counties and organizations when taking on freight planning for the first time.
Youth Assessment Center Enrolling Youth in Special Project During Upcoming Events at Market Place Mall
The events will enroll youth between the ages of 12 and 17 in a project that is part of a partnership between the YAC and the University of Illinois Department of Psychology. Individuals who participate will be compensated for their time.
The RPC and RE/MAX Realty Associates Team Up to Give Families in Champaign County More to Be Thankful for This Holiday Season
For the second year in a row, a donation of more than two dozen gift baskets is helping the RPC ease the holiday burden on several families involved with its Early Childhood Education Program. The baskets were assembled and delivered to the RPC by representatives of RE/MAX Realty Associates in Champaign.
RPC Helps Champaign County Secure Grant to Improve Safety on Sidney/Homer Road
The Champaign County Highway Department saw the need to update safety and conditions along the road and worked with the Champaign Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) to develop the grant request. Upgrades may include new and widened shoulders, centerline rumble strips, asphalt overlay, new or widened drainage structures, and more.
Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless Working to Maintain Federally Funded Projects
The mission to eliminate homelessness in Champaign County continues as the Champaign County Continuum of Service Providers to the Homeless seeks over $700,000 in federal funding. Over half of funds being sought will support existing projects that provide subsidized rent to nearly 50 households annually and a new project anticipated to serve at least an additional 14 households.
How the RPC’s Weatherization Program is Helping Make Champaign County Healthier
As the RPC celebrates National Weatherization Day on October 30, residents are reminded that the Weatherization program provides more than financial benefits
Valuable Data about Champaign County Now Accessible to Anyone Thanks to New Data Portal Maintained by the RPC
The Champaign County Regional Data Portal provides a comprehensive and searchable listing of data from the RPC, the City of Champaign, and the City of Urbana
DRAFT Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP): 30-Day Public Review Period
The Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is a federally mandated document that is updated every five years, and looks at the projected evolution of pedestrian, bicycle, transit, automobile, rail, and air travel over the next 25 years. The DRAFT Long Range Transportation Plan (LRTP) is available for public review and comment from Wednesday, October 23, through Thursday, November 21, 2019.
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.