Valuable Data about Champaign County Now Accessible to Anyone Thanks to New Data Portal Maintained by the RPC
The Champaign County Regional Data Portal provides a comprehensive and searchable listing of data from the RPC, the City of Champaign, and the City of Urbana
For the First Time Ever, RPC Makes Online Scheduling Available for LIHEAP Appointments
Special page set up on the RPC website aims to make the LIHEAP process easier and more convenient for Champaign County residents
RPC Hosting its First-Ever Head Start Awareness Walk in October
There is no charge to participate in the Head Start Awareness Walk, and free drinks and protein snacks will be provided to all walkers. Participants are encouraged to register online by Monday, October 14.
RPC to Host Driver Training on September 28
Although the training is geared towards drivers/operators at public transit and human service agencies, anyone is free to attend.
New LIHEAP Year Now Underway
The RPC is now taking applications for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) for winter heating assistance, with benefits toward residential gas and electric bills for eligible households.
30-Day Public Comment Period for Rural and Urban Area Safety Plans
The Rural and Urban Area Safety Plans present area-wide analysis of crash trends, identify emphasis areas based on a data-driven approach, and outline strategies for each of the emphasis areas.
Help Us Determine Priorities for the Long Range Transportation Plan
With the help of the public, the Champaign-Urbana Urbanized Area Transportation Study (CUUATS) is working with local agencies to develop a transportation vision for the future that is built on the region's current strengths.
Safe Walking Route Maps
School is back in session across East Central Illinois. To help keep everyone safe, our Safe Walking Route Maps have been updated for Fall 2019 for Champaign Unit 4 Schools, Urbana School District #116, and Thomasboro K-8 schools.
RPC Hosting a Family and Community Engagement Resource Fair in September
In addition to the RPC, there will be over 20 organizations from around the community making information available about what they provide. There will also be food and kids’ activities for families and individuals who plan on attending.
Mother Who Worked Full-Time Job While Earning Nursing Degree Named Award Winner by the RPC
RPC’s Workforce Innovation Board Selects Honoree for 2019 Illinois Workforce Partnership Individual Achievement Award
- Children + Families We enhance the cognitive, social, and emotional development of children while promoting family strengths for children’s long-term benefit.
- Disability Services We provide services and supports that are responsive to the unique needs of each individual and promote independence, inclusion, and self-determination.
- Energy Assistance We help low-income residents save fuel and money while increasing the comfort of their homes.
- Housing Support We facilitate housing stability by empowering those in poverty to find their path to self-sufficiency.
- Planning + Development We implement a range of projects addressing policy analysis, planning processes, economic development, and more.
- Transportation We coordinate transportation funding and develop transportation plans and engineering studies.
- Workforce Development We seek to meet the needs of businesses, job seekers, and those who want to further their careers.
- Youth We assess youth for risk factors and link them to support and restorative services within the community.